Noticeable Program Changes:
All T2 forms are now continuous: This means you can scroll from beginning to the end without having to jump from page to page. You can still jump to a specific page or print a specific page of a multi-page form such as the T2 Jacket, Schedule1, etc.
Noticeable Program Changes:
All forms are now continuous: This means you can scroll from beginning to the end without having to jump from page to page. You can still jump to a specific page or print a specific page of a multi-page form such as the T1 Jacket, Self employment statements, etc.
Provincial Tax Summary (PrvSum): It is a complement to the existing Federal Tax Summary (T-SUM) and Family Tax Summary (F-SUM)
Self-employment Yearly Comparative Summaries (5 year): Available for all self-employment statements: T2125SUM, T2042SUM, T2121SUM, T1163SUM, T1273SUM and T776SUM. Data are captured during the Rollover process.
T1013 Efile capability. (First year CRA accepts T1013 electronically)
Great savings: The T1013 can be Efiled in the 2010 tax season and VisualTax will provide for it!
December 13, 2010: CRA starts accepting SEND requests.
January 24, 2011: CRA starts accepting EFILE On-Line Plus transmissions.
February 14, 2011: CRA starts processing returns.
Three new SEND messages will now show if a debt is owing to the Canada Revenue Agency for the BC Harmonized Sales Tax Credit, the Ontario Sales Tax Credit, or the Ontario Sales Tax Transition Benefit.
- ClientDocs: T1-2009 alllows you to attach and retrieve scanned client documents in electronic format.
- Conversion from CanTax: T1 and T2 will be offered as a built-in function.
- All products work on Windows 7
- The Archives CD that contains T1 and T2 programs since 1991 was re-configured to install in current windows versions such as Vista 64 and Win 7
Other improvements over the T1-2008 version
- Ditto (") - save data entry time - Copying from the line above: In certain forms with potentially the same repeating entries, you can enter the ditto symbol (") to indicate that the data is identical to the previous line. The ditto can be entered either with the Shift Key as one character or two consecutive apostrophes without having to use the Shift key.
Ditto can be used in the following forms:
Donations, Student Loans, Fitness, TL2, S3, S3 Supplementaries, Public Transit and Home Renovation (S12). This potentially will reduce data entry time.
- Medical form - Save data entry time: If you enter the patient-id on the first line, subsequent lines the patient id defaults to the one of the previous line. This saves you time in the event you are entering multiple payments for the same family member.
- Asset class 10 in form AssetsB: Added indicator in the event class 10 does not refer to an automobile
- T3 slips: Multiple slips per page (similar to T5 slips)
- Schedule 3 and Supplementary schedules: Spouse's % is allowed on item by item basis
(Some of the above improvements are not available on the Dec 15 draft version. They will be available via an update)
See also Bulletin-2009-12-21
News Archives: Click here